I am a technical architect, developer, entrepreneur, father, thinker and a Dane all wrapped up in one.
I am always interested in hearing about challenging projects so feel free to check out my work and see if I might be what you need for your next project.
Examples of some of the things I have worked on.
(Click image for additional info.)
eBook subscription service with social network, content exploration & discovery, discussions & personalized social recommendations. (contains Demo video)
XML-based ETL/EAI System Integration framework with point and click IDE for fast system integration.
Real-time subscription based expanded personalized horoscopes
- 15 years experience as Technical Architect / Software developer, of which 6 was in leading roles
- Highly self-motivated strategic thinker
- Excels at problem-solving and decision-making
- Communicates well with all levels of management, staff, fellow employees and clients/customers
Lead DeveloperFilihood ApS, Aarhus, Denmark
- Created SQL DB on Azure with tables, views, functions and stored procedures.
- Created data access layer using the lightweight ORM Dapper as base.
- Used MongoDB GridFS for storage of media files.
Independent Contractor – IT Architecture, Planning and implementationCompany Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
- Gathered requirements for, researched and presented solution for call center, capable of handling 10,000 lines with softphones, recording of all calls, five nine uptime and the ability to customize for future requirements.
- Gathered requirements for, researched and ran test bench solution for ERP software capable of handling all sales, finance, HR, manufacturing and warehouse functions of a larger enterprise.
- Completed RFP document with SOW for installation, configuration and customization of ERP software.
FounderFlatLeaf, Orangevale, CA
- Founded – including creation of complete business plan, incorporation, and launch of FlatLeaf
- Designed and implemented social network site, incorporating Twitter-style following system and LinkedIn groups and member messaging system
- Designed and implemented a unique personalized social recommendation feature where members receive book recommendations based on follower preferences
- Used various SEO techniques to bring FlatLeaf to top of search engines
- Was selected to be one of only 10 startups to present at O'Reilly Tools of Chance startup showcase in New York
Sr. Software DeveloperNEC Corporation of America, Rancho Cordova, CA
- Shortened project turnaround from 3 months to 3 weeks
- Redesigned, created, implemented 60+ workflow activities and 50+ workflows, including maintenance of separate window application for administration and customization
- Worked with business analysts in drafting new requirement documents to identify static project features and eliminate ambiguity
- Spearheaded new TFS structure to handle the complexity of multiple customers while creating processes for QA release procedure
- Used Visual Studio 2005-2010 to create various data support libraries for Oracle/SQL Server in .NET 3.5/4.0
- Created and maintained several tables, store procedures and packages on Oracle 10/11
CTOCotere Corporation, Sacramento, CA
- Established a business plan with short and long term goals, including a development roadmap with job requirements and skill-set for future employees
- Designed and implemented an API for the product Relay Point, a unique integration technology as a web service in C#
- Added new Plug-ins and features to the existing product, and multi-threading to data-pump
- Held several online presentations of the product
Software DeveloperHFS, Elk Grove, CA
- Designed and implemented a multi-product security system, using COM and XML, for restricting access rights based on several custom criteria
- Designed and implemented an ASP.NET application in C# and ADO.NET for online management of client information and users access rights
- Created plug-in in Delphi, allowing users to modify worksheets for the hospital system
- Optimized customer Access databases for improved reporting
Sr. Software DeveloperRSI, Roseville, CA
- Upgraded and enhanced Delphi 5 application to Delphi 2006
Team-Lead/Chief ArchitectCotere Corporation, Sacramento, CA
- Designed, as Chief architect on Relay Point, a unique XML-based ETL/EAI integration technology
- Led projects, directing 5 employees in product development, including: production timetable, status reporting, quality assurance
- Designed and engineered a development tool for Relay Point in Delphi 7 wherein the IDE utilizes plug-ins for the various designers needed to create the required documents of an integration
- Developed backend for Access Point a web enabled records delivery application
- Created web services and windows applications for clients in C#
- Created a number of Com applications, along with various ADO.NET connections for the backend for Access Point an ASP.NET public records portal
- Created and maintained more that 250 tables and 650 views, stored procedures and triggers in various databases related to company’s products, all in SQL Server
- Integrated data streams from large record sets including the California DMV, Texas DMV, Vantage Data and TransUnion, containing driver, vehicle, criminal and credit records
Software DeveloperRapidigm Inc., Los Angeles, CA
- Created Delphi 6 application for converting / mapping data from PICK and SQL Anywhere to Sybase
- Utilized Client data sets for backup / maintenance of old data
- Created and modified Crystal reports for the new system, including billing, schedules, vacations and more
Software DeveloperIvillage Inc. / Astrology.com, San Francisco, CA
- Created and maintained various applications using Delphi 5/6 and paradox, Interbase / Firebird
- Utilized .NET framework to develop several web services serving a number of astrology business functions
- Designed and implemented an e-commerce multi-threaded astrology server for delivering on-line real-time astrology content to subscribers and non-subscribers
- Created components for atlas lookup, web services interfacing and application reporting
- Created application for dynamically generation of output in various formats (HTML, e-mail, Palm)
- Created and maintained several databases in Paradox, Interbase/Firebird
- Developed and on-line editing application for remote editorial team
Software DeveloperSE Electronic, Moldrup, Denmark
- Created applications in Delphi 2/3 and paradox and Object Oriented Methodology
- Utilized threads, charts and third party tools to display real-time data. Created databases for customer/vehicle/test data
Software Developer/ Software Analyst (Internship)Library of North Jylland, Aalborg, Denmark
- Analyzed library’s need for book ordering system using OOA, OOD, OOSE and EER
- Developed prototype of book ordering system for NT 4.0 platform
- Used Object Oriented programming and testing
Programming TeacherAalborg Youth School, Aalborg, Denmark
- Provided instructed for children age 14-17 in programming using Pascal and Borland Delphi 2 in 2-hour weekly evening sessions
BA Computer SciencePacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA
Included courses in communication and broadcast Journalism.
Computer Science. Equivalent to BA/MasterAalborg Computer Science School, Aalborg, Denmark
Classes: Programming, Machine architecture and operating systems, System development, Data modeling, System development methods, Programming methods, Communication and resource sharing, Object Oriented system development, Algorithm writing, Distributed systems and integration.
Personnel and Organizational ManagementManagement Academy, Viborg, Denmark
BusinessViborg Business School, Viborg, Denmark
One year short of American BA
Hands On Technology TransferSan Jose, CA
- Name: Mogens Nielsen
- Address: 8272 Northwind Way
- City: Orangevale, CA 95662
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 925-890-2976